Tuesday 19 May 2009

Scottish 10 TT champs report



Sadiq, John and Matt rode the 10 mile time trail championships organised by Glasgow Wheelers at Newton Mearns last Saturday. The course is quite lumpy, using the A77 but because of the new M77 just alongside, it's virtually traffic free. The morning stayed rain free but the race speeds were effected by strong gusts and side winds.
Sadiq was our first rider off and put in a strong performance, recovering from the setback of going off course at the turn to record a new personal best time Sadiq said "My performance was a frustrating case of 'what if'. Coming out of the halfway turn, I succeded in taking the wrong exit and found myself on the M77 towards Glasgow. I reckon I could have lost anything between 30 seconds and a minute. Still, half a minute off my PB but obviously there is some frustration!
John riding his third '10' of the week blasted off in a massive gear from the start and put in a fine performance. John said "What a day! Two years ago I was 16.5 stone beer monster, so proud to be a part of all of this, If I never cycle again this is a highlight of my life."
Matt was the last Clarion rider to leave the starting gate, and managed to reduce the club record by a few seconds. Matt said "There was a good atmosphere in the HQ afterwards, lots of banter and laughs... nice spread too! The course was pretty tough but a bit faster than our own Kirkliston TT."

Winner: Arthur Doyle Dooleys 00:20:46
Matthew Ball 00:23:49 (club record)
Sadiq Mir 00:25:03
John McComisky 00:27:17

Many thanks to Glasgow Wheelers for organising a superb event and three cheers to 'directeur sportif' Grant who encouraged and supported the riders all morning.

More pictures from Glasgow wheelers here

No comments: