Monday 23 February 2009

Saturday Run Report 21 Feb

Another good turn out for our Saturday run, Bill sent in this report: "Eight of us today and nearly nine if Steve had made it on time to the KWM. I took the group on a bit of a mystery tour, but we eventually went through, wait for it! Slamannan! The head wind was hard going and myself and Stevie led the group for most of the way via the wind turbines and eventually back to Avonbridge where we regrouped and headed home towards Torphichen. Highlights today: Craig surprised us all by sneaking an early 30 sprint only 2 miles into the ride. Malcolm took the next one at Slamannan by a nose or a wheel or something and I got a puncture, again! Don't know who won the Avonbridge sprint as I told everyone to head off to save them getting cold whilst I changed a tube. My moment of glory came when I took the Westfield sprint, at last I have one in the bag! All in all a great run today with some big efforts into the wind and on the hills so everyone should have benefited from the pace. Thanks to Jonathon and Peter for taking turns with me and Stevie on the western leg after Slamannan. Good effort by Craig on a reasonably fast paced ride because he's not used to this style of riding. Looking forward to next Saturday and we may even get the fixed wheels out hopefully, Rgds, Bill"

No comments: