Wednesday 4 February 2009

Musselburgh Audax 15th

Foz is doing the Musselburgh Audax in a week and a half, on Sunday 15th February, entries close on 5th February. Foz says "I found a link with event details: (click through to 'events')
http://musselburghrcc.co.uk/menu_frame.htm
I'd be interested to hear some chat/opinions on the route, conditions etc - I imagine that the big climb (Redstone Rig) is a bit dicey right now. Whether I have 62 miles in the tank is another issue!" Foz

The event starts in Musselburgh and visits Pencaitland, Gifford, Whiteadder, Dunbar, Haddington and Longniddry before returning to Musselburgh. The Musselburgh website says you don't need to be super fit to take part, provided that you cycle fairly regularly, you should be able to complete the event.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise there was a deadline of the 5th, but my entry's already been posted off. Hope to see one or two of you there - get it in tonight's post!

Anonymous said...

Foz - I've signed up as well and I think Toby and Bill may be up for it as well -maybe we can do a carshare assuming you are not biking it to the start? Peter

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter. I can't imagine biking it there....but I have a car with two bike racks installed so happy to share. TB & I are going for the same start time so might make sense for us to go together? Just wish the mercury would just nudge up a wee bit and give me some confidence in the road surface.

Anonymous said...

Hope to give it a bash on the tandem with Mandy, got the route card during the week, looks challenging hope it gets warmer though.
Andy.

Anonymous said...

Foz/Tobias/Andy
looks like I've got a 10:30 start . I've got an estate car which can take 1 more bike and passenger if anyone needs a lift. Hope the snow clears in time...