Monday 19 January 2009

New Member!

Welcome to new member, Ross Dewar. Ross has worked in the cycle industry on-and-off for 15 years, during that time he's had, a correspondingly, on-and-off relationship with cycling. Ross says "I have always cycled on the road although the only competitive cycling I have done is on mountain bikes".

Currently Ross has four bikes, Ross says "If I had the room I would have 2 more because I've got most of the bits for them! My old hack bike is a Saracen Tufftrax from the 90's, a rigid mtb with mudguards and rack; I have a magnesium framed, carbon forked road bike by Merida, equipped with Dura-ace and Ultegra but the bike that I'm on most is a Kona Jump style hardtail. It's built for punishment and as such comes in over 30lbs, but is great fun. Last off is my GT I-Drive, built for comfort, sporting 100mm travel with a Fox Float RP3 shock and Rock Shox Reba forks"

"I love the Trossachs for road cycling, and I tend to go there via Caron Valley, which is also my preferred training ground. The Dukes Pass, between Callander and Aberfoyle is good fun in the summer too. On the mountain bike I split my time between Carron Valley and Glen Tress. In 2008 I have been concentrating on TT riding, with some single track thrown in for good measure. Previously I was involved in MTB marathon cycling, after getting hooked when spannering on the Merida 100 the previous year (www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/). This year I am looking to do Road riding, mountain bike riding, TT riding and marathon riding, time permitting, although I'm a bit of a fair-weather cyclist, so you may not see me out for a few weeks!"

No comments: