Tuesday 7 July 2009

Weekend rides

Saturday 4th July run
14 - Yes, fourteen riders turned up at the Korean war memorial on Saturday for one of the best rides I've participated in.

The 14 were: Ewan, Steve, Donald, Allan, Steve, Craig, Bill, Sadiq, Phil, Stevie, Andy, Graham, Steve. The ride was about 40 miles and we stuck together really well, the best bit of group riding I've seen from the club, taking in the Dalmeney estate and back up to the Bathgate Alpes via the super steep Kingskavil.

Craig sent in this report for Sunday's ride : After yesterdays cracking run I was still in the mood for more cycling so went along today for my first time on a sunday.

Just the four of us out today - Mark Ewing, Craig, Dave and myself. It was the two bridges run today heading out to the Forth Road Bridge first and then cutting back along the coastal route.

Stopped of at one of the villages along the route and found a small van selling crisps and coffee. Dave and myself had the old "I left my wallet at home" excuse so Mark kindly bought the coffees/teas - thanks again Mark.

It was a gently return back over the water and cut up over Bo'ness back to Linltihgow. 45 Miles today at a steady pace.

No comments: