Monday 20 July 2009

New Member!


Alan Massey
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

Welcome to Alan Massey who joined last week. Alan says "I use to mountain bike a fair bit about 10 years ago, but hadn’t cycled much for a while.
I bought a road bike (Specialized Allez) last year to commute to work. I then entered the Etape Caledonia and started training for it in March, I did better than I thought and really enjoyed the group riding experience. I have since modified the Allez to make it more suitable for sportives.
Due to having a toddler and another child due in November, I don’t have the chance to get out cycling as often as I would like, and therefore my sportive entries are rather limited.
I have been to a couple of Saturday morning club runs and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and banter associated with the 30 sprints.
My aim for the rest of this year is just to try to keep my fitness level up, so I can enter more sportives when I have more time."
Alan owns a Specialized Allez (Road) and GT Avalanche (MTB)

No comments: