Tuesday 14 July 2009

Club runs

Nine riders were out on Saturday for a ride down to the Dalmeny Estate, in a group Included a couple of newbies, Alan and Charlie. Tobias said he had a great time "It was a great run and renewed my enthusiasm for group riding"

On Sunday two groups of riders managed to miss each other and leave separately from the Cross. From the first group Jim said "3 of us out. Me, Allan and Donnie. Did 31 lumpy miles or maybe just over in almost exactly 2 hours. Went out to Threemiletown, then cut down to Abercorn, through South Queensferry and Dalmeny, through the Dalmeny Estate, back into a fairly serious headwind via Kirkliston, Winchburgh, Faucheldean, Ochiltree, then a scoot down Kingscavil (only managed 46.2 mph, but that was because I squeezed the brakes halfway down as I thought I might take off otherwise !), and back to Linlithgow on the B9080.

In the other group Simon (just back from his RAAM ride) and newbie Robert rode a 20 miler, Robers says "I rode into Linlithgow just in time to meet Simon leaving on his own. He said no-one else had showed up. We had a short ride of approx 20 miles (Simon has just returned from doing the Race Across America). The rain stayed away but it was a little blustery. We had a good blether and a nice cycle before heading for home. Home for me is in Kirknewton. So, I rode about 13 miles there and 13 back as well making it a good morning out. I'll no doubt show up again in the near future"

No comments: