Tuesday 9 February 2010

Hello West Lothian


Lewy Parkinson
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

Lewy Parkinson has been out on a few club runs, stretching the other riders' legs and he joined up earlier this year.

Lewy says:

"Ever since I was a kid I've been cycling, basically to get away from my parents (only kidding mum) and see the sights and sounds of Tayside. It was only really after I left uni and was living in London did I start to ride a lot more. I bought a Marin Rocky Ridge and used this to do some off road trails and basically get as far away from London as possible on the weekend."

"When I moved back to Edinburgh I bought a Felt Q820 hardtail, a lovely bike but I mainly to used it to commute on. I moved out to Linlitghow a couple of years ago and last year I started to commute to Edinburgh in preparation for a charity challenge to cycle to Manchester in 2 days."

"The first day of the ride was my first ton but loved it even though it was raining and we had 20+ mph headwinds all the way. Ever since I've been hooked on the road. I've been out on a few weekend rides and really looking forward to the warmer (dryer) weather and more miles. I'm also determined to win a sprint for the 30 at least once!"

"I'm really looking forward to this years riding. I've entered my first couple of sportives, the Etape Caledonian and the Cairngorm 100 and hopefully I'll have time to enter the TT series all in preparation for my main goal completing the Etape du Tour in July."

"I need to lose a fair few pounds and get some distance and hills in my legs so any training tips/ routes will be gratefully received! I'm currently riding a 2009 Focus Cayo and soon a Ribble Audax I'll be using to commute on."

Welcome to the Clarion Lewy

No comments: