Monday 28 September 2009

Ulapool Sportive

Two Clarionistas took part in this highland sportive at the weekend.

Bob Simpson used the event to complete his entry into the club's BAR competition. Bob rode the event in just over 10 hours, he said "The route covered 130 miles and 12,000 feet of climbing up and down the hardest roads I've ever ridden, by the end, all my body was hurting. Never again!"

Andy Hemingway also rode and said "For the first 40 miles I was bizarrely in the lead – no reflection of cycling ability here, it’s just that I was about the first to leave at 7.00am."

"Then at Scourie I saw the Granite City cycle club coming behind me like a train. Pretty serious guys these with a support car handing out drinks. They gave me a bottle though, so they must be OK! I managed to stick with them for around 40 miles then lost them on an uphill. Then it was a gruelling 50 miles into the wind back from Lairg."

"Beautiful course and really well organised and marshalled. And it stayed dry"

No comments: