Sunday 6 September 2009

Membership offer

The Club's 2010 membership is open, so If you join up now, you'll get an extra 4 months for free and your membership will run right through until December 2010.

Welcome to a few new members who have already taken up the offer:

Colin Humphries
Colin Humphries

Colin Says "I heard about the club through Robin from the Bike & Ski Clinic and have been posting on the forum for a few months now and it seems you guys are all pretty friendly which has made my decision to join easier.

I have two road bikes. The usual one that gets wet and one that doesn't! I've been training by myself for around a year and a half and commute as much as possible, at the moment I am doing over 100 miles per week, including 40-50 miles either on a Saturday or Sunday.

I enjoy doing out and back 10 and 20 mile TT's around my local back roads, currently doing around 20-21.5mph avg.

Joining the club would help me get fitter, faster and better at riding in a group. I like the idea of the weekly TT and also the club runs will give me a chance to experience hiding behind someone and letting them do all the work! Maybe next season I would consider taking part in some races (as long it is a dry day!)"

Steve
Steve McDonald decided to join up after coming along to a few club runs.


Jamie
Jamie O'Kane took part in his first hill climb today after riding out with the club at the weekends and on tuesdays.

He says "I'm Married, no kids and run a Printing Ink Company in Livingston. I'd like to learn how to descend without scaring myself to death! Get as close to my previous fitness and enjoy my cycling to its fullest, plus, maybe take part in a TT.

I believe the Clarion has a lively 'social section' and would love to join in! and as I said to a number of members, I've found everyone so friendly and helpful.

I own a GT Arrowhead Mtb, c 2000, Trek 1400 modified, Aug 2001 and a Giant TCR (t-Mobile) June 2004.

No comments: