Tuesday 24 November 2009

New Member!


Debbie Pollard
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

A big welcome to Debbie Pollard who joined up this month. We met Debbie for the first time on a Sunday run last year when she came along to the Forth Bridge as a taster.

This Winter she has been out on the Saturday social runs riding her fab new Specialized

Debbie says: I've been cycling most of my life, for fun and fitness, also for some short journeys instead of using the car. At the moment I cycle about 50-60 miles per week, with 25 miles being a long run, and over the past couple of years have progressed from mainly using cycle paths to doing most of my cycling on the road."

I have recently bought a Specialized Vita, which is basically a road bike with flat handles. I am married with two children, a 9-year-old girl and a 7-year-old boy. I have a special "piggy-back" trailer for my son, who has severe autism, which I tow with my Raleigh Metro on short family bike rides."

"I joined the club to meet other people who are into cycling and to improve my fitness - my aim is to get out on club rides as often as possible so that I can enjoy the company while cycling further and faster than before."

No comments: