Tuesday 17 November 2009

New member!



Welcome to Darren Crumpton, 44, who started out as a roadie, switched off-road and now rides the road again.

Darren says "I hadn't raced before 2009 but have completed a few sportives this year including the Cairngorm and Bealach events. I did some duathlons, team triathlons and even managed to tackle the mighty Tourmalet."

"For me, 2009 was about training to compete in events, I really enjoyed it and now I know what I have to do for 2010."

"I've joined the Clarion because I'm fed up riding alone into a head wind, flicking my elbow and then no one comes to the front! I found out about the club by seeing the club jersey at a few events, especially the guy with all his gears sealed in his hub (Malcolm!)."

"I have two bikes, a Kona Kapu which is my favourite and a Cube agree, boxed standard bikes but appropriate for what I do."

"In 2010 I hope to enter as many UK Sportives as possible and ride one abroad too, I also want to complete a full triathlon and continue with other adventure race commitments. I'm going to France to watch the Tour too and plan to ride up the Ventoux while I'm there"

No comments: