Tuesday 16 June 2009

Northern Rock Cyclone Report


Craig Marshall
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

Craig Marshall smashed his personal best for the 62 mile Northern Rock Cyclone at the weekend and sends in this report:

I did the same event last year and it took me 4 hrs 32 mins to complete with 4.02.00 actual cycling. This year, it took me 3 hrs 32 mins to complete with 3 hrs 18 mins actual cycling time. Chopped a whopping 44 mins of my actual cycling time and 1 hour of the time to complete!

It took me just over an hour to do the first 20 miles, almost 2 hours for the middle 28 miles (the hilly part) and only 33 mins to do the last 14 miles! A really pleasing performance if I do say so myself.

If I need any proof that all the training I have done since joining the club (turbo training, chain gang, Saturday runs as well as extra miles) has made a difference then this has to be it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done craig all those saturday mornings at the kwm paid off then

andy b