Wednesday 4 March 2009

Another new member

Welcome to Dick Duffy, 49, from Stenhousemuir. Dick is a physical education instructor with the Scottish Prison Service, based out of Saughton Prison and is married to Diane and has 2 children aged 28 & 25.
He rode last Saturday's club run and liked the atmosphere "I had the pleasure of being out at the weekend with some of the guys from the club and thoroughly enjoyed the experience."
Dick has ridden a few sportives including the Circuit of the Cotswolds, the Spud Riley Challenge, the Drumlanrig Sportive and takes part in the Edinburgh to St Andrews run every year. "I have many sporting interests other than cycling, Football being my main passion. But I've been a recreational cyclist for around 4 years and commute part of, or sometimes all of the journey to work on an Airborne Thunderbolt, my summer stallion is a TREK 1500 with a few modifications."
Dick felt the Clarion was the right club for him "I was looking for a sociable group of riders where I didn't get my legs burned off and hey presto that's where the Clarion came in."

No comments: