Monday 24 August 2009

New Member!


Tom Beattie
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

44 year old Prison officer, Tom Beattie, from East Calder joined up at the club TT a couple of weeks ago and is already knocking out short 29 minute rides for 10 miles

Tom says " My cycling highlights so far was riding up the Col du Lauteret with two of my children aged 11 + 9 to watch the TDF come down off the Galibier, the encouragement my kids got in all languges brought a tear to my eye!

I normally cycle alone or occasional organised longer rides so thought I'd try a club and particularily fancied time trialling, despite the suffering, and I did, I think the quest for a few seconds (minutes?) could become addictive!"

From September our next year's membership starts so all new Clarionistas will get 4 months free and won't have to rejoin until December 2010

No comments: