Thursday 13 August 2009

Edinburgh Sportive report

A few riders entered this local Sportive at the weekend

Steve said: "What a great day out, excellent weather, nice quiet roads, and quite well organised and signed. Will definitely do it again next year. It had 5000 feet of climbing and you think - where? But there really isn't a flat bit on the route but nothing seriously steep either. Thanks for showing me the Sportive ropes Craig!"

Craig said "Superb day and pretty much perfect conditions for a sportive although there was a quite strong headwind on the way down to Innerleithen. Like Steve says, there wasn't a flat section to be found on the route and my legs felt like it as well by the end of it. Steve was excellent company and I would like to say a huge thank you to him for letting me take his slipstream on the more hilly middle section. It was good Steve enjoyed his first sportive, although I think I learned more from him than he did from me. His experience and strength were greatly appreciated."

1 comment:

Dave Hamill said...

I was going to go but was getting over a pesky wee virus. Didn't want to pay 30 quid only to turn back after 5 miles.

As it happened I would have been fine.