Tuesday 10 May 2011

New Member!


Alison Dourley joined up at the start of the year and regularly rides with the East Calder crew, more recently she was part of the welcoming party that rode with North Cheshire Clarion as they cycled to the Easter Meet:

Boots!
My name is Alison and I live in Kirknewton with my family. My husband, Dave, started cycling with Neil Greer sometime ago, and I became a cycling widow!! So, since then I've been keen to get more into cycling. I have had a bike for a number of years now, but it only came out occasionally for family holidays and local cycles. I should also mention that it was a mountain bike not a road bike.
A few of my friends share the same interests as me, and over the last 3 or 4 years we have all purchased road bikes. We normally cycle local routes when time and weather permit, and enjoy the 2 bridges route during the summer months. I've done the Caledonian Etape twice and hope to do more sportive type rides in the future. This year I plan to do the social rides when I can, and cycle with the ladies groups. This summer, I'm going to cycle to my cousins' wedding back in Stornaway (where I'm from). Dave will be doing this also, although he isn't exactly keen!! There is also talk of a British Airways / Comic Relief charity cycle from Edinburgh Airport to London City Airport that I may take part in. So, I'm training at the moment and as the weather improves I'll be out a bit more.

I work away quite often and this combined with Daves' shifts and childcare can make it difficult to get out regularly, but with a bit of organisation, I should be out and about soon.

I currently ride a Specialized Dolce sport that is a year and a half old.

Spurs!

No comments: