Tuesday 10 May 2011

New Member!


Neil Wilson is a new member and trainee level 2 coach:

"I started MTB in the late 80s, night riding at Mabie Forest, etc. This was before the 7 Stanes project come into existence. Rock climbing and a move to Edinburgh in 1992 put a halt to cycling for about 10 years but in 2002 I caught the bug again. Glentress and other trail centres caught my imagination and off I went.

After 2 years of talking about it I decided to enter the 70 Wild Miles event in Glencoe (2009). This started my interest in road cycling. To date I have completed the 70 Wild Miles twice, several MTB Merida Mountain Marathon events (Chain Reaction as it is now known) and recently the Scottish Nokia Coast To Coast.

This year I have successfully entered the Drumlanrig Sportive (Tearfund), the Fred Whitton (GULP) and the Trossachs Ton. I am currently building a bike for the Nokia Coast To Coast in September. I hope to enter the Kirroughtree Ten, Relentless 24 and have been press ganged into the Strathpuffer.

I have 4 bikes and one in progress - a Santa Cruz Heckler, a Pace 305, a Cannondale CAAD5 and a Giant TCR2 Composite. My project is a cyclocross style bike based on my old Melin Malt 2 frame.

My favourite cycling is either MTB at Ae Forest, Innerleithen or mountain routes like the Feshie Bridge Challenge. On road I like local hilly rides around Linlithgow and beyond. I need to expand my horizons regarding road biking but plan a lot of visits to the Crow Road very soon."

No comments: