Tuesday 10 May 2011

New Member!

Iain Elliot joined up this spring and is a regular on the club runs and recently participated in our race coaching sessions

I've always been into bikes ever since I was a kid, but only started getting seriously into it about 10 years ago. I got my first road bike, and couldn't get enough of it. Contemplated joining a club at this point, but like lots of things, it just never seemed to happen.

After a few years, I turned to mountain bikes, and the road bike was sold. A few years down the line and I got the hankering for another road bike, and here I am, and I've finally joined a club! After looking around at different clubs, I really liked the look of the club and it's ethos of helping riders achieve their own goals.

I'm thinking of giving the summer TT series a go, although looking at last years times, I don't think anyone need worry about me challenging the top times!

At the moment I've got a Specialized Tarmac Elite and still have my Specialized Rockhopper Expert for when I want to head into the hills. I've only been on one ride with the club so far, but everyone was very welcoming, and despite some treacherous conditions I thoroughly enjoyed the run, and discovered some new roads I never new existed!

Look forward to meeting you again soon. I can't make every week, but will try to come along as often as possible.

No comments: