Tuesday 17 May 2011

New Member!




Avril Roy joined up last week after riding the Linlithgow Saturday and Sunday club runs - welcome to the club Avril

"Just over two years ago I bought myself a second hand Giant hardtail mountain bike and started getting out along the canal. I just loved it! After a few months a friend, who was also new to cycling, suggested doing the Artemis Highland 100. We signed up for it for September 2009. It's 83 miles, 70% road 30% off road - so quite a challenge for a complete beginner. I spent the summer of 2009 training and acquiring knowledge and equipment for my new addictive hobby! This included my new Cube Access WLS hardtail, which I got two weeks before the event."

"Artemis was my first cycle challenge and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. As soon as it was over I signed up for my next challenge and cycled from Vietnam to Cambodia in February 2010. An amazing experience. My enthusiasm and love of cycling encouraged seven new team members to take part in Artemis September 2010. All of who were completely new to cycling and are still loving it!"

"In the summer of 2010 my interest in road cycling was growing and in August I got myself a LS Giant Avail and two weeks later completed the York 100. That was me hooked! I decided that 2011 would be about road cycling and signed up for the Caledonia Etape. To help with my training I came along on a few of the Sunday runs, which really helped with my confidence and ability. I had no hesitation in joining the club. This is exactly what I'm looking for to improve my cycling and everyone is really friendly."

"I completed the Etape yesterday, 15th May, - a brilliant experience! My next challenge is to complete the Cross Border 100 on 22nd May, achieving my first 100 miles in a day. If that goes well I'm hoping to take part in the Trossachs Ton on 19th June this year and am open to more challenges as the year progresses."

No comments: