Wednesday 14 April 2010

Race results



Clarion riders have been out in force racing over the past few weeks, some riding open events for the first time, Congratulations to all

Duncan Macgregor Super 6, Race B: 11th April
Jonathan Buckley rode to 15th place in his first road race since returning to competitive cycling. Jonathan said "I Really enjoyed the whole experience, great weather, course and fellow competitors. Learned a hell of a lot too, so with that in mind and better preparation who knows next time..."

Royal Albert 10 TT
Three West Lothian riders rode the TT on the Cambusbarron course. Well done to Sadiq Mir, Steven Fraser, and Allan McCrimmon, all managing new pbs

Sadiq said "The weather stayed good and the conditions meant it was a tougher outward leg and a speedy return. I managed 24.08... I made the mistake of pulling up 20 metres from the finish due to a misunderstanding regarding where a marshal was placed...still a PB so happy enough. With a mile to go I was convinced I was going to get my first 23 something but the finish just didn't come quick enough!"

Steve said "Well run event and thoroughly enjoyed my first time on this deceptively flat and fairly smooth piece of road. As someone who tends to ride on the hoods all the time it was a personal first to actually ride 10 miles on the drops."

Times:
32 Sadiq Mir: 24.08
52 Allan McCrimmon: 26.15
66 Steven Fraser: 28.44

Mackie Tankard 25 TT
Steven Fraser and Neil Fraser entered their first 25TT on the 11th April. Steve said "The downhill start was excellent - even better for the guy starting in front of me who had the added benefit of tractor passing just as he was pushed off. Throughly enjoyed it and felt okay despite being out with the active group on saturday morning and kept a fairly steady pace all the way round. An excellent time for Neil - he started 7 behind me and was a few hundred yards shy of catching me at the end."

Neil said "I never saw anyone in front of me except all the folk that started behind me and cruised past! Was feeling quite grumpy with myself at the finish but after a shower and a bit of lunch I felt a bit better. It was only my first 25 and I learnt a few things from it."

Times
42 N Fraser 01:09:46
48 S Fraser 01:16:03

Up the Cleuch April 11th

Julie Dominguez and Steve McCaw rode their first TTs of the year in the Gala CC promoted event. Neither riders would call themselves climbers but both competitors put in good rides on the demanding course.

Steve came 8th, a first top 10 finish for a West Lothian Rider in a TT and Julie was third Woman, narrowly missing out on 2nd place

8 Steve McCaw 44.21
37 Julie Dominguez 56.58


Stirling Duathlon
Angus Gallie entered the 'age group' qualifier for the world championships being held in Edinburgh in September. Angus said "On the face of it, I've not made the 'cut' for the World's. I was 9th out of about 18 in my category. However it depends on what happens in the remaining qualifiers (if the standard isn't high enough they might look at the Stirling results again). Also I've entered the last qualifier down in Cambridge at the start of May. So I might as well give it another shot."

"I've got to be philosophical about it, it was only my second Duathlon (my first at the 'full' distance) and I can tell you it's harder than I could have imagined. My calf muscles started to go into spasms towards the end of the bike ride and I thought that I wouldn't be able to run the last leg!"

"I am sure it definitely takes a few years to build up the capability to 'perform' So maybe when I'm drawing my pension I'll be no too bad at it!"

No comments: