Monday 21 December 2009

Weekend ride reports

Unsurprisingly, due to the state to the roads, few riders made it out on the club runs at the weekend. Saturday's weather was so bad that Bill even opened up the Hangar of Anger for an indoor club run!

Allan brrrrravely made it to the Cross on Sunday, here is his report "I wasn't surprised that no one showed for the Sunday run given the conditions. The icy roads meant it took me a little longer to get out of Philpstoun, so I didn't get to the Cross till 9.05 am, there wasn't anyone there and the snow was just coming on so I didn't hang around"

"I headed out on the Edinburgh Road through Winchburgh and Kirkliston, and because it was still snowing, I turned and retraced the same route. The ride was uneventful and nothing of interest happened, the distance was only about 20 miles ridden at a reasonable pace, just fast enough to keep me warm and slightly out of breath and took about an hour. I should add it took me longer to clean and lube my bike than it did to get it dirty!"

This week's award for the hardest rider in the club has got to go to Allan!

No comments: