Sunday 11 October 2009

New member!


Steve McDonald
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

Welcome to Steve McDonald who has been out on a few club runs and decided to join up
Steve says "After snapping my achilles tendon I took up cycling as a non-impact form of exercise to battle the bulge. The bulge is still winning, but I'm still cycling. Started on a Trek 3500 doing no more than a 14 mile round trip. I have recently bought a Giant Defy 1 which has improved my speed except on the hills and I am getting in some longer trips."

"I have taken part in a few Pedal for Scotland events but the highlight of my cycling was in March 2009 when I took part in the Cape Town Argus (Tour of storms) with winds of 55kph and gusts over 70kph it was tough going but I finished in a moderately respectable time.
I have been on a few club runs (I'm the guy you wait on at the top of the hills) and my target is to be one of the few at the top waiting on someone else."

No comments: