Saturday 18 April 2009

New Member!


John Scholes
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

Many club members will be used to seeing John dancing on the pedals up the Bathgate Alps - Welcome to the club John. His photo was taken on a particularly mucky Saturday run last December.

John Says "I ride a Flying Scott and Bob Jackson both with 531 frames so the bikes are probably older than some of our younger members. I have done plenty of touring in my younger days including Lands End to John O Groats, trips around the UK and a couple of tours in the Alps and Pyrenees.
Twenty years ago I did a sponsored ride from Iona to Lindisfarne in one long day with some friends. I have cycled with the CTC down in Buckinghamshire and also Oldham Century CC. More recently I have done a number of triathlons and fell races around Scotland. Most of my working life I have commuted to work by bike though sadly I have to use the car now so use a set of rollers in the garage each morning to make me think I still ride to work! It's great to get into another cycling club."

No comments: