Wednesday 15 April 2009

New Member!


Claire Howe
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

23 year old student, Claire Howe, joined up this week. Claire is studying Diagnostic Radiography at Glasgow Caledonian University and working in Stirling Royal part time, so she's got a keen interest in health and physiology.
Claire says "Until recently I hadn't been on a bike since I was a teenager but having spent too much time around John McComisky, his enthusiasm eventually rubbed off on me and now I have to admit to (occasionally) wearing lycra and reading Cycling Weekly!
My grandpa passed away in September because of a respiratory disease and I decided that I wanted to do something to raise money for the British Lung Foundation and improve my own fitness at the same time.
I decided a sponsored cycle would be a good challenge for me and a great way to raise money for the charity. I'm planning to start in Edinburgh and cycle along the Union Canal and finish at the Falkirk Wheel. I think its about 34.5 miles which would be a good achievement for me and an easy enough cycle for a beginner. Anyone who would like to do it with me would be more than welcome!
My goal this year is to complete the BLF cycle and maybe even a 10 TT this summer! Being a total novice I'm looking forward to being taken under the wing of people who know better, I think its great that a club like this exists that is so welcoming - I would have been much too intimidated to join other clubs that aren't as friendly. Looking forward to meeting everyone!"

1 comment:

JMC said...

Welcome Comradex