Tuesday 21 April 2009

First new member of the week


Paul Dourley
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

We are becoming a proper West Lothian club with more members like Paul Dourley joining who live to the south of the Bathgate Alps.

Paul says "I am 50 years old and have just retired after 30 years as a Fireman in the LBFRS, stationed in Livingston. I am at College at the moment doing an HNC in Countryside Management. I used to do triathlons but started to find I was enjoying the bike leg more than the rest.
I have cycled on and off for the last few years and have just bought the Boardman Road Comp, I did have a Barracuda Tifosi which worked well for the triathlons.
I want to get myself fit this year and maybe do a sportive or two, take part in a couple of TT’s and maybe a criterium at Ingliston once I get my fitness and speed up. I am doing the Etape Caledonia in May.
I was out with the club last Saturday and enjoyed it thoroughly, good company and good weather.
I won’t be around next week as I am going to Rum on a study tour but normally I am free from Thursday afternoons if anyone wants a ride"

No comments: