Thursday 4 March 2010

Hello there David


David Mason
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

David Mason is the latest rider to join the club and says "I've been cycling quite a few years now. Mainly MTB but I manage to fit in a few road tours a year with friends/family and have had some great tours of West and Highlands. Nothing overly strenuous but enough to get the heart pumping and to warrant the ridiculous level of evening carbo loading in the pub!"

"Thankfully my wife Clare and boys Jamie and Cameron are keen cyclists too. Clare's participating in the Etape Caledonia this year but says she's more of a recreational cyclist."

"My sons have been racing MTB SXC primary races for a couple of years and I finally took the plunge last year and raced the Aviemore circuit at Badaguish. I managed to go over the bars on the 2nd lap but finished in a reasonable time. I later discovered that I'd broken my hand."

"I enjoyed that so much I then went onto do a couple of cyclocross races which were great fun. Now all set up and looking forward to a year of great races ahead. I enjoyed being involved with Matt and others in setting up the Kids Club so really pleased to join West Lothian Clarion and race in the team colours."

"I may even be tempted to get a cyclocross/road bike and move away from the Dark Side!"

No comments: