Wednesday 20 January 2010

New member!


John-Michael Howison
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

Thirty one year old ex rugby player John-Michael (JM) Howison joined up last year

Originally a MTBer through his teens and twenties, he has made the transition to road cycling over the last few years following a number of knee surgeries due to a persistent rugby injury.

John says "My rugby CV includes playing for the Edinburgh Academicals 1st XV, Edinburgh U19s and U21s at Centre or Wing. I have fully embraced road cycling and my only regret is not making the move from MTBing earlier. My current bike is a Trek Madone 5.2. My weekly training consists of 2 weights sessions, and either 1 turbo session and 2 road cycles, or 2 turbo sessions and 1 road cycle."

"My wife and I have recently moved from Edinburgh to West Lothian and are expecting our first child in April. The challenges of a new baby, work and training could conspire against me, although the current plan for 2010 is to compete in the full 10mile TT series, along with a few sportives (starting with the Caledonian Etape) and longer TTs, when I get the chance."

Welcome to the Clarion JM

No comments: