Wednesday 3 November 2010

Iain Ross joins us


Iain Ross
Originally uploaded by westlothianclarion

Welcome to new member, Iain Ross, (43).

"I work in the marine industry which keeps me busy and on the move. I live between Linlithgow and Bo'ness with my wife and two children. Whilst not exactly your typical MAMIL - I'm about 4 stone too heavy for that - I'm happy to be going in that general direction."

"Cycling highlights to date have been Etape Caledonia for the last two years - I think the only one not to get a puncture in 2009 and winner of the coveted 3167th (=5hrs46min) place in 2010."

"I Also rode the Trossachs Ton this year which was harder work than I would have liked but I'm looking forward to doing it again next year - fitter and lighter."

"My riding style to date has been slow and persistent but I want to get fitter and faster. I've been on a few weekend tours this year with my son and I'd like to do do a little mountain biking in the future.

"My bikes at the moment reflect this, they are a Specialized Allez road/training, Dawes Horizon tourer and a lovely Trek 6500 hardtail which has only recently arrived and is great fun in a way only a new bike can be!'

No comments: